https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1B7411T7w2/

Ever since I was a girl my own mother vowed

从我小时候起,我母亲就要我立誓

I must find the way to power through a noble brow

我必须要找到爬上权利顶端的捷径

I married once for love then my sense came

因爱结婚,突然我意识到

I must marry for the stature of my husband’s name

我必须要找个有名声的丈夫来结婚

Onto marriage number two

所以第二次结婚

I knew what I had to do

我知道我必须要怎么做

and my poor husband fell in a year or two

我可怜的丈夫,在两年内病死了

Solved problem number one, now to problem number two

解决了第一个问题,是时候解决第二个了

His doe-eyed little girl with gentle point of view

那个他经常用温柔的眼神看着的小女孩

Would I ship her off to school?

我该送她去学校吗?

No! I told her if she stayed that she d have to earn her keep

当然不了!我告诉她,如果她想留下来,她得挣钱养活自己

and so she became the maid

于是她变成了女仆

(姐姐1) She was lazy! 她很懒!

(姐姐2) She was crazy! 她很疯!

(姐姐1) She was talking to the mice!

She was hopelessly naive, so she had to pay the price

她天真得无药可救,所以她必须付出代价

I moved her to the attic out of sight and out of mind

我让她搬去那个我毫不在意也不想看见的阁楼

I could have thrown her out, but I m benevolent and kind

我本可以赶她出去,就是我太仁慈了

(姐姐合) Mother, you heart s too big for you!

妈妈,你的心真的好宽容!
I knew what I had to do

我知道我必须要怎么做

After all, difficult children will take advantage of you good nature

毕竟, 那难相处的孩子会占你便宜

So you lock them up

所以你把她们关起来

Throw away the key

把钥匙扔了

There s one on every family tree

每个家庭里都有一个人 她

(姐姐1) Ungrateful 忘恩负义!

(姐姐2) Hateful 可恨!

(姐姐们合) Vile too! The things she put you through!

还很邪恶!是她让你变成这样!

Break their spirit so they obey!

毁灭他们的心灵,让他们顺从!

Now they ll do anything you say

现在她们会乖乖听你的

Maybe you d call it cruel but

也许你觉得这会很残忍,但是

Others would call it love

有些人会称这叫爱

Tough love!

严厉的爱!

她曾经和老鼠们说话!

These wretched brats think the world owes them something

这些可怜的孩子总觉得这世界欠了他们什么

But it doesn t

但是并不是

Far and wide I rule the kingdom with a heavy hand

我用严厉的手段统治着这个王国

but there was more I had in mind a greater plan

但我有更多的想法,一个更伟大的计划

I never cared to share, so the King would have to fall

我从未分享过我的想法,所以国王不得不消失

But his child blocked the way to me and “Fairest of them all”

但他那个 “最漂亮的” 孩子挡着了我的去路

She was chubby. She was dumb

她很胖, 她很蠢

and grotesquely optimistic

而且想法荒诞的乐观

She needed structurein her life! She wasn t realistic

她想要自己安排她的人生,她一点都不现实

I gave her chores and took away the things that she d enjoy

我给了她一堆家务,拿走了她一切喜欢的东西

but then I caught her singing songs with birds and then a boy!

但后来我发现她和鸟儿一起唱歌,遇上了个男孩!

Love?! Was I just sit by and wait?!

爱?!我只能眼睁睁地看着?!

for her to take my crown? NO!

等着她把我的皇位夺走?不!

she had sealed her fate !

她已经决定了她的命运!

She had to go, and so she did and you know what they say

她不得不走,你知道他们怎么评价她做的事吗

An apple once a day keeps your enemies away

一日一苹果,敌人远离我

Don t be fooled by their tender smile!

别再被他们温柔的微笑给愚弄了!

Give an inch and they ll run a mile!

他们只会得寸进尺!

Our idea of a happy home

我们都是为了幸福的家

Is one where we live all alone

那是属于我们的地方

(乐佩养母) Dark 黑暗

(灰姑娘后母)Depressing 压抑

(皇后) Desolate! 凄凉!

(后妈合) Now let s all drink to that !

现在让我们尽情享受吧!

(姐姐合) Call us “wicked” and call us “mean”

说我们 “邪恶”,说我们 “卑鄙”

(灰姑娘后母) “Cruel” and everything in between

说我们 “残忍”,所以事事都是这样

(乐佩养母) You could say it’s unjust

你可以说这不公平

(皇后) Turning their dreams to dust

把他们的梦想化为灰烬

(后妈合) This is what we call love

这就是我们所说的爱

Tough love!

严厉的爱!

最后修改:2024 年 09 月 12 日
如果觉得我的文章对你有用,请随意赞赏